To celebrate the momentous occasion of Minxeats' fifth anniversary, we're having a contest. A simple one.
Just leave a comment extolling the virtues of Minxeats. Tell me why you love me. Stroke my ego (lord knows I need it). I will draw FIVE comments at random and those winners will receive fabulous prizes, selected by moi.
But wait...there's more! All commenters who take a stab at answering the following questions will be entered in a second drawing. The prize for this special drawing will be...dim sum with the Minxes at Asian Court in Ellicott City, MD.
1. What is my favorite Chinese restaurant?
2. What ingredient ends up in my cooking most often (other than salt, pepper, sugar, oil, and vinegar)?
3. Who is my least-favorite Food Network personality?
4. What country are my forebears from?
5. What is the Minxes' go-to special occasion restaurant?
If anyone gets all of the answers correct, well, then thanks for reading so thoroughly!
Ok, now for the fine print. Please read carefully.
- Contest open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only.
- Please be 18 years of age or older.
- Entrants who have won a prize from any Minx blogs within the past 60 days are ineligible.
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received.
- Winners will be chosen randomly and notified via email.
- Only Entrants who provide valid e-mail addresses will be considered in prize drawings.
- Immediate family members of the Minxes are not eligible to win.
- Minxeats assumes no liability for injuries which may occur from improper or incorrect use of prize materials.
- Dim sum prize definitely does not include compensation for airfare, accommodations, or any form of ground transportation for entrants who live outside the Baltimore Metro area. Nor inside the Baltimore Metro area, for that matter.
- Contest ends August 28th at noon.
Thanks to all of you who have remained loyal Minxeats fans over the years. I shall endeavor to continue providing you with original recipes, commentary on restaurants, and snarky recaps for as long as I have readers.
I love you because you love PR. ;) And because of your purple kiwi in your banner....
Now, let's see....
1) Hell if I know. I could guess your least favorite, though....PFC...
3) Bobby Flay? (because I can't stand him, myself...)
Hey, I tried!!! :D
I love reading your blog because you're saying a lot of stuff that I wish others said, especially with reviews of some of the crap that's on Food Network.
1) Haven't a clue
3) Rachel Ray
5) Haven't a clue
I read your blog, albeit only occassionally, because it teaches me about unique foods and restaurants I may not be familar with otherwise.
1. Charlie Changs (total guess)
2. Garlic! (or bacon)
3. Absolutely, positively: Rachael Ray
5. Hard Rock Cafe (ha ha, don't smack me)
I enjoy your writing and the fact you write about my home... B'more, I can really identify with your comments.
I was thoroughly impressed and excited that you chatted wth me about curries! I was so excited and appreciated your suggestions.
Thanks... and win or lose, I will continue to read whatever you have to say.
firstname.lastname@example.org I just recently found your website and I really like it. You have recipes that look like fun to cook and, since I live in Maryland, I hope to be able to find all of your ingredients.
I've always admired your opinions on food, etc. I'd love to be able to eat many of the dishes you have pictured on your blog. I may try something new based on your recommendation too. Thanks!
1. Grace Gardens
2. bacon or essence
3. Rachael Ray
5. Spice Co.
I'm fond of the restaurant reviews, even though I'll likely never visit any of those restaurants, and the recipes and descriptions of what you and Mr. Minx cook at home, even though I'll never cook most of it because my cholesterol levels would soar.
Wish I could answer those questions - I know your forebears were from Poland and you abhor Rachael Ray - but I confess that I can't answer the others.
I'd rather not give you an email address unless you promise not to post it in your blog. Don't want it out there for the spammers to find.
I get a chuckle out of reading your take on 'NFNS' as I have generally had at least a couple of those snarky thoughts myself while watching. I love reading about finding the odd bits & pieces in the fridge and making a great 'something'...a challenge near and dear all too often. I don't live near Baltimore but hail from Boston now. Enjoy the read non the less. Try to catch you 2 or 3 times a week. I think we could be friends...that's what I like.
Because YOU'RE THE BESTEST EVER! Your writing is "you" it blends the truth with humor and you include background information!
And I'm not going to even try to answer those questions - I could answer them for me, but you and I are different since I don't go outside the box when I dine!
I love your NFNS and Top Chef recaps, and agree Top Chef this season is dull. I also find the recipes and restaurant/food reviews interesting because you tend to eat/cook a lot of foods I'm unfamiliar with.
PS. Would love the cookbook :) Thanks!!
I found your blog when I used to work Wednesday evenings and was dying to know who got sent home on Top Chef. Now I love to read it because you live close to me and I can visit the places you review, your recipes are usually wonderful, your recaps are hilarious, and your jewelry (although not something I can afford!) is beautiful. Now I visit daily and enjoy every moment of it!
5)Not a clue
You are my guilty pleasure with a fine wine once a week to catch up on the shows I watched and dream of the days when I could do fine dining (pre child, mortgage, middle age spread...etc. etc. etc.) You make me laugh with delight and I wish you were here to chat with the wine and be snarky when I watch the programs. You say what I'm thinking :-)
1. no clue
2. no clue
3. it's a toss up between Guy and Sandra...although I'm thinking neither since they're such EASY targets. I figure the real focus of your ire are the people responsible: tushman & fogelstein.
4. no clue but I'm an adopted mutt so to me, what matters is who we are today. embrace the present.
5. no clue.
sorry, I only started reading a year ago :-)
Oh and tonight we're drinking Testarossa 2008 Chardonnay Chalone from the Brosseau Vineyard.
with hamburgers I need to make. Gouda or blue cheese stuffed...there's the question.
It's the first one I read in the morning and usually end up blowing coffee out of my nose. Top Chef recaps are what brought me here, but your snark and wit are what keep me coming back. And the recipes. PS. Turn GMA on. Rachel Ray is the guest. he he.
those are total guesses based on some posts I have seen recently - probably all wrong!!
Ah well, it was worth a try.
My fave part of your blog are the hilarious reviews of top chef and TNFNS.
Keep 'em coming
I remember that first post! :D
So, if I enter and win, will you fly me out for that dim sum? (just kidding).
Chris - obviously you didn't read the fine print. ;)
love love love your screencaps...
and guy for number 3, for sure!
(no basket or book needed, just wanted to say you're much appreciated)
You know I just love you ... period.
1. Used to be Jesse Wong's Hong Kong. Now it's either Grace Garden or the location of the Grand Prize: Asian Court.
3. So easy ... Wretched Rachel Ray.
Hey, congrats on your
birthday -and- 5 yrs!
Why do I love minxeats?
Besides your great photo recaps (those are pure snarky artistry), I love your honesty... it makes laugh at your recaps and trust your reviews.
for the quiz, here goes:
1. fav Chinese restaurant?
Jesse Wong's Hong Kong?
2. ingredient Minx uses most
onions (& onion powder)
3. least-fav FNetwork person?
4. where are my forebears from?
5. Minxes' special restaurant?
- its easier to mail ;-)
I love your website for several reasons. The main reasons are the recaps of Top Chef and NFNS (I don't even watch NFNS I just read your recaps)and your recipes. You cook the same way that I do - look through what you have in the kitchen and see what you can put together. And I love that you use ingredients that I have either never heard of before or just haven't used (I have got to find that Kewpie mayo!). So if I won I would love a basket with some of your favourite products to try out.
I love reading your blog because you're so creative. I always learn something & am challenged to try new things, like bacon chocolate chip pancakes - BRILLIANT!
Post a Comment