You can get a free Vivanno drink at participating Starbucks locations today July 25th and tomorrow July 26th. The catch is - you need to have a registered Starbucks card, which I do. I got the chocolate banana flavor, and it's pretty good. I also have a coupon for a free one and I might use it to try the fruity one with the addition of matcha tea powder.
Here's the official Starbucks propaganda on Vivanno, a smoothie with a really dumb name:
Starbucks Coffee Company is raising the bar on good nutrition with the introduction of Vivanno™ Nourishing Blends, which are available Tuesday, July 15 at Starbucks stores across the U.S. and Canada. Developed with a strong nutritional goal in mind, the Orange Mango Banana and Banana Chocolate flavored beverages provide at least one serving of fruit, 16 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fiber with 270 calories or less and no artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup (nutrition based on 16 fluid ounces).
With customers looking for healthier options to fit their on-the-go lifestyles, the new Vivanno™ beverage line is one way Starbucks is meeting requests for great-tasting, good-for-you offerings while furthering its commitment to food and beverage selections that support a healthy lifestyle. The simple ingredient list for both beverages includes:
• one whole banana,
• a proprietary whey protein and fiber powder,
• choice of milk,
• and ice (in the Orange Mango Banana Blend, Naked® Juice is also added).
“Our customers have told us they’re looking for overall well-being in their lives and healthier options are part of that. We feel the simple, transparent ingredient list and the functional nutrition of Vivanno™ meet this need,” said Katie Thomson, registered dietitian and senior nutritionist, Starbucks Coffee Company. “We developed this beverage to help our customers get through their busy days by creating a proprietary whey protein and fiber powder that delivers the sustaining nourishment they’re looking for without interfering with the great taste.”
Customizing Vivanno™ Nourishing Blends
The two blends can be easily customized to fit taste preference and lifestyle.
• A Shot of Espresso added to the Banana Chocolate Blend provides the bold, smooth flavor of espresso with no extra calories.
• Matcha Green Tea Powder added to the Orange Mango Banana Blend gives the beverage the antioxidants of green tea with only 40 additional calories. The powder also increases the amount of Vitamin C to 45 percent Daily Value.
• Nonfat Milk in place of the standard 2 percent milk shaves off 20 calories and up to 3 grams of fat.